Reallocate accounts to a rep who is not assigned the areas the account is located.
By default, when you overlay your Accounts/Leads/Other to a territory in eSpatial, the records will automatically be assigned to the territories they are located in. For example, when key accounts are allocated to a single rep, or large accounts are assigned to an inside sales team.
Exceptions using the Map
Take the following steps:
- Select the territory in the Territory Panel you want to add an exception to
- Select the point you want to allocate
- Select Add as Exception
Exceptions using the Table
- Open your table from the Hamburger
- Display the table for the dataset that has the exceptions
- Select the checkbox beside each exception
- Select Add Exception
- Choose the territory you want to assign this record to
How can I identify Exceptions
There are two ways
- Visually - You can use the map to spot points that do not match the color of the underlying territory
- Table - In the table you can identify exceptions by looking at the "Located at" tab. Any records that have a blank value are exceptions.
Why would I add Exceptions?
By default your territories will be balanced based on the records within them. When you use exceptions, the points are allocated to the territories you specify. This updates the associated values on balances, charts, tables and the comparison tool.