Creating a Point/Account Territory from a excel/csv file.
This territory is designed for companies whose territories don’t fit within a defined geographic area and who assign salespeople to key accounts, industries, specializations, parent accounts or other criteria beyond geographic area.
- Click on the Territories button in the Top Toolbar.
- From the drop-down select New Alignment. You can also edit your existing Territory Alignments from here.
- Select Points from File
- Select the csv or excel file you want to use to create your territory alignment
- Choose your location settings whether locating your data by address columns or latitude/longitude co-ordinates.
NOTE: You can edit the columns used to locate your data by selecting change settings and manage location columns.
- You must then select the following:
- If creating hierarchical territory alignments check to include hierarchy and select number of levels from the drop-down.
- The territory identifier such as the territory owner of regional location.
- Select complete and your territories will be created
You can reassign your accounts/points in 3 ways:
1. Single Account selection.
- Click on the account you wish to reassign
- When the info box appears select add to selection
- The selection panel will then open where you can select the territory to wish to reassign the account to and then select reassign.
2. Selection Tool.
- Click on the Selection tool button.
- Then left click on the map to start drawing an areas around the points you wish to select.
- Select the check icon to assign these areas to your territory (you can also double click to confirm the area). The x will cancel the area drawn.
- When the selection panel appears, review the accounts/alignment selected. If you do not want to reassign the accounts, uncheck the box.
- Select the territory you wish to add the accounts to and select reassign.
3. The Table:
- Users can also use the territory manager table to assign and reassign accounts. To do this, Open the table by going to the hamburger icon and selecting the table icon.
- To move accounts to another territory, select the checkbox beside any accounts you wish to move, select reassign, and then choose the territory you wish to move it to.