Create Sales Territories Manually
You can create your territories manually by selecting boundary areas.
- Click on the Territories button in the Top Toolbar and from the drop-down select Create New and select Create Manually
- Select the Region dataset you wish to use from the drop down such as US states, counties or zip code tabulation areas etc.
- Select a points dataset you want to overlay on the territory (optional).
- If creating hierarchical territories select the number of levels from the drop-down
- Select Complete
- To change the territory name simply click on it.
- Select Add Territory to add another territory to your map.
Adding Areas to Territories
There are two ways to add regions to your territory.
1. The Plus Icons
- Select your territory, hover over the area you wish to add and select the plus icon
2. Select Areas
- Click on the Select Areas button beside the territory you wish to manage
- Then left click on the map to start drawing your area
- Select the check icon to assign these areas to your territory (you can also double click to confirm the area). The x will cancel the area drawn.
Note: If you would like to reassign an area to another territory you must ensure the allow reassign is turned on.