Creating a Territory from a excel/csv file
NOTE: You can also overlay your point/account-based alignment on top of this alignment.
- Click on the Territories button in the Top Toolbar.
- From the drop-down select New Alignment. You can also edit your existing Territory Alignments from here.
- Select Areas from File
- Select the csv or excel file you want to use to create your territory alignment
- You must then select the following:
- The regional dataset your territory alignment will be based on (if creating hierarchical territory alignments check include hierarchy and select the number of levels).
- The corresponding column in your dataset to match the regional dataset.
- The territory identifier such as the territory owner of regional location.
- Select complete and your territories will be created
If any of the rows in your spreadsheet could not be matched in the territory creation process you will be presented with the below screen
- Download the validation file to see what these are
- Alternatively, select Proceed to Territories to import your territories regardless of these discrepancies